Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Winter Running Tips

Now that winter season is here it is important to dress in layers which is the key to keeping warm during the colder months.

Here are some of my clothing tips and also from this article on winter running tips.

http://running.about.com/od/coldweatherrunning/a/wintergear.htm

1. Avoid wearing cotton as it will soak in the sweat and will end up making you cold.

2. Wear a t-shirt, long sleeve overtop the t-shirt and then a light jacket that is both rain and wind resistence.

3. Wear winter tights as this will keep your legs warm.

4. Wear also reflective gear while you are training at night. Cars will see you better.

5. Wear a hat or toque. I wear a toque as my ears get cold easily. You can lose 40% of your body heat.

6. Wear socks that are not cotton.

7. Gloves are important as well as it will keep your hands warm. It is important to wear gloves as you can lose 30% of your body heat.

These are just some tips that I have found useful for me and my running clinics at UBC and City of Richmond.

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment