Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Winter Rain

Before I went out for my run this morning I was feeling quite unmotivated as it was raining quite hard. It is now a winter rain where it makes me feel much colder. The need to dress in layers is needed and the key is to keep warm and dry. So how did I motivate myself to get out there and start running? I just said to myself let's try to run for at least five minutes and so I did. I ended up running for about 40 minutes and it was great. I felt a sense of accomplishment that I did my workout in the pouring rain and I also did appreciate that hot chocolate afterwards.
I know that after every run I will feel better no matter the circumstances in how tired I feel after work, the poor weather conditions, too much to do and not enough time. When I don't feel I have the time to do the run I remind myself that I have an appointment with myself. That feeling of being committed to my workout helps me do the workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment