Thursday, November 18, 2010

Winter Running

Now that winter is upon us I find it a little more difficult to get out there and run as it is colder and gets darker early now. I try to motivate myself by making sure I am dressed warmly and also by rewarding myself at the end of my runs. I treat myself sometimes to a hot chocolate or buying something that will make me feel better. I also try to think that I am fortunate enough to be able to run while some of my friends are injuried right now and just can't.
I do enjoy running in the colder months and I try to snowshoe if I can. Snowshoeing is good for cross training.

Here are my winter tips for running:

Dress in layers to keep warm
Reward yourself after the workout
Change your routes to keep it interesting
Run with a buddy to keep yourself motivated
Look for inspiration from magazines such as Runner's World, Canadian Running and my monthly running column in the Richmond News
Have a goal perhaps join a Sun Run group
Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment